Project Site & Facility Manager
We are looking for a right-brained building Project/Facility Manager to perform all phases of location, Prospecting, architectural work, planning, designing and overseeing the construction of an ever expanding branches of the organization. You will be involved in new building designs, extensions, alterations, restorations and conservations from the earliest stages right through to completion. The goal is to match the design to our new brand image and to produce sustainable, functional and aesthetically pleasing designs.
- Property acquisition and/or disposal
- Planning and overseeing building work/ renovation
- Lease management
- Allocating and managing space within buildings
- Managing building maintenance activities
- Coordinating cleaning, catering and parking services
- Organizing security and general administrative services
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards
- Advising on energy efficiency and cost- effectiveness.
- Supervising multi-disciplinary teams of staff including maintenance, grounds and custodial workers Develops and implements facility emergency plans.
- Coordinates building maintenance and repairs with Buildings & Grounds Maintenance that affect normal building operation
- Provides occupants with updates of electrical, water and other service outages and scheduled shutdowns
- Oversees building security
- Stays informed of changes to space assignments in facilities
- Coordinates department facility in related activities and projects
- During evacuations, assists emergency response teams in assessing building condition, locating missing personnel, shutting off utilities, and delivering a status report to assembly point leader
2. Qualifications and training required
- Bsc. in Building or Architecture/Project management
- Project Management Training and Qualification is advantageous
- Memebership of a relevant professional body is an added advantage.
3. Key skills
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards.
- Strong imagination and the ability to think and create in three dimensions
- Excellent drawing skills and familiarity with design software (Adobe Photoshop, SketchUp, 3d Studio VIZ or similar)
- Visual awareness and an eye for detail
- IT and managerial skills.
- Communication and project management skills
4. How to Apply.
The preferred candidate will be an accomplished multi-site building manager possessing a strong knowledge of commercial property, and facility.
All applications should be sent via: theHRLeverageAfrica@gmail.com