Rekindling The Champion’s Spirit Isa 32:15
A family welcome goes to us all into this reunion of the ESCF Unilag Alumni, 2015. Suffice to give glory to the faithful God for His abundant grace and mercy upon our lives, families, businesses, jobs, careers, finances, marriages and so on.
ESCF was inaugurated in 2004/2005 school session by some education Christian students of the Faculty of Education who can be referred to as foundation members (such as Bro. Feyi, Bro Ayo Omilani, Bro. Oludotun Fadairo, Bro Folarin Abiola, Sis. Bisola Ogunnaike to mention a few) along with some staff who became matrons and patrons such as Prof. Jegede, Prof. Olusakin A. M. and others).
The vision of the fellowship redounds thus to “builds godliness in nation builders and makes diligence their anchor” with a mission statement: “empowering them with the word of God, trust in God and to understand the profit of hard work” Prov. 21:31.
The vision that was born almost twelve (12) years ago has since begun to give birth to generation of champions. Today, we are here to reunite and rekindle the spirit of champions in Christ Jesus, Hallelujah.
God’s Words for Champions (Isa. 53:15)
1st Peter 2:9-Ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
- C - Chosen generation, called out-John 15:16-19.
- H - Holy nation-1st Cor. 3:17; 1st Peter 1:15-16 and heaven minded-Heb. 12:14.
- A - Assembly of the saints-Psalm 89:7.
- M -Marvellous lights-Eph. 5:4-5,8; Matt 5:14-16.
- P - Priests and kings-Rev. 1:6, peculiar people Titus 2:14.
- I - Instruments of praise-Psalm 145:10; 148:14.
- O -Overcomers of sin, sickness, darkness, evil powers and satan-1st John 5:4-5; 4:4; Colo. 1:13; 2nd Tim. 4:18; Rom. 6:14; 8:37.
- N - new creatures-2nd Cor. 5:17.
- S - separated from the world-2nd Cor. 6:14-18; and spirit filled-Eph. 5:18; Joel 2:28-29.
The Alumni Association should be an avenue to identify with members in special moments of life such as: Naming Ceremony, Coronation, Wedding, Political Appointments, Promotions, Burial, Birthdays, House/Car Warming, Launching and other countless occasions of life or other eventualities.....and more important networking of members, job + other life's opportunities
The Escf Unilag alumni forum and or platform is a God's networking conglomerate of His children for God's works. The works of God include the preaching of the gospel and doing good works to one another and to the world at large. Since you cannot give what you do not have, we must be filled with more of God and His words to affect our world significantly, which is one of the reasons for this reunion as well as to set strategic goals for us.
Thank you all, our God reigns.
Pastor Folorunso Abiodun James (Escf President 2009/2010 Session)