6 Available Jobs
- CHIEF STRATEGY JOB OPPORTUNITY WITH AN INVESTMENT BANK IN LAGOS, NIGERIA
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure there is an up-to-date review of the organisation's corporate strategy in line with
industry and economic trends
- Monitor and evaluate impact of external environmental factors on the business and the development of new financial ventures/products of strategic significance
- Ensure there is effective environmental, competitor, shareholder analysis and peer perception analysis on a regular basis
- Liaise with key divisional heads of strategic business departments to develop market
development and penetration strategies in their respective businesses.
- To optimize the platform and extract synergies across the businesses and the group
- To drive key strategic initiatives such as building a wealth management platform
- To develop an MIS platform for more effective performance measurement
- To support the engagement with regulators and other key stakeholders
- Coordinate planning and budgeting sessions along with the Financial Control department
- Coordinate information required for and attend management committee meetings (also assign strategy staff to act as secretary for this meeting)
- Prepare the MD's financial and business update report for the board
- Prepare presentations to the Group (investors relations, Group Management meeting, and Group Retreats), articles, conference papers, speeches, or other internal / external communications for the MD / CEO
- Establish effective and efficient frameworks, policies and procedures to facilitate the execution of the department's mandate
A bachelor's degree from a good university (business discipline will be an advantage)
A Master's degree in Business Administration will be an advantage
Minimum of eight (10) years' experience out of which about 2 to 4 years should be in similar or related function preferably in management consulting or investment banking
TO APPLY: SEND WORD CV TO MBC@ES-AFRICA.COM
- CEO MOBILE MONEY COMPANY IN LAGOS, NIGERIA
Company Profile: A new business being launched. The opportunity is to finalize securing the license, and launch a non-bank mobile money company in Nigeria focused on peer to peer transactions and payments.
Create and lead a team to build the company from a start-up capable of administering infrastructure of mass-market interest.
Lead the technology strategy for the identification, design, selection, implementation and operation of cutting-edge technology solutions.
Set the standards for commercial development toward the achievement of the organization's mission, strategy, and its goals and objectives to enhance new products and services.
Build systems, documentation, reporting processes, and controls to ensure that the transaction platform’s performance and security meets agreed standards.
Plan and direct the organization’s technical activities to achieve agreed targets and standards for financial performance, quality, and regulatory/government compliance.
Develop, track, and control the deployment of annual operating and capital budgets.
Experience developing mobile money ecosystem, from creating, managing to acquiring network of a mobile commerce business (dealers, merchants, distributors, points of sale terminals, etc.) to marketing the services to mass-market target population
Familiarity with KYC laws and regulations in Nigeria, as well as with encryption and security protocols pertaining to electronic financial transactions over the wireless channel (3DES, AES, and to an extent, the principles of ISO 8053, EMV, PCIDSS, etc.).
Knowledge of financial clearing-house procedures and inter-bank settlement (CIFTS, NIBSS, etc.) procedures in Nigeria; commercial aspects of GSM mobile data communications channels (USSD, SMS, GPRS, WIB); GSM SIM-based and WIB tools and applications (STK, 3GPP USAT, WIG, OTA installs and updates).
To apply: send WORD CV to email@example.com.
- Group Head, Corporate Services
We are a business support services firm with offerings in Human Resource Management, Immigration and Real Estate Consulting. Our Client, a key player in the Insurance sector is seeking to bring on board an experienced professional to take on the role of Group Head, Corporate Services. The successful candidate will report to the Group Managing Director.
• Perform an oversight function over the Human Resources, Training, & Management Services Units.
• Manage and guide the overall provision of the Human Resources services, policies and programs for the entire company.
• Accountable for the proper procurement, management and disposal of Admin related assets and facilities of the Company.
• Ensures that there is maximum availability of the Company’s resources to staff for the effective execution of their jobs
• Champions the execution of the Company’s strategic plans in relation to its human and physical assets
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Supervising and providing consultation to management on strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, training and development, budget, and labor relations.
• Ensuring the compliance of organizational culture that enables employees to perform in accordance with the company’s objectives.
• Reporting to Management on issues regarding implementation of policies and procedures, safety of the workforce, recruiting and hiring high-performing employees, and labor, statutory and other human resources issues.
• Consistently ensuring compliance with the Nigerian Labor Laws.
• Constantly structuring effective compensation and benefit programs in order to attract and retain top talent.
• Leading performance management, talent assessment and effective labor relationships.
• Managing skills enhancement and professional development programs within the allocated budget.
• Managing the design and delivery of training programs in accordance with the needs of the Company.
• Evaluating the effectiveness of all Training and development activities to identify areas of improved performance and to feed into future plans.
• Providing reports to management identifying Learning & Development trends and return on investment analyses.
• Oversees the activities of the Administration unit and staff to ensure maximum availability of the Company’s resources
• Participates in negotiations to ensure assets and services are procured at the best price for the Company
• Accountable for the capital and operating expenditure of the unit
• Oversees the activities of the Facilities Management unit and staff to ensure maximum availability of the Company’s resources
• Participates in negotiations to ensure services are procured at the best price for the Company
• Accountable for the operating expenditure of the unit
• Ensure business recovery plans are in place and lead disaster recovery efforts
Education / qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree
• Masters in HR or MBA or any related field
• Professional qualification or membership in HR (foreign or local)
Attributes / experience
• High level of Integrity
• High level of Tenacity and Commitment
• Excellent knowledge of the Nigerian Labor Law
• Experience in Financial services preferably Insurance or Banking
• Minimum of 12 -15 years’ work experience
• Excellent Presentation skills
• Excellent Communication skills
• Policy development & implementation
• HR Business Strategist
• People Oriented
• High level of Maturity
• Must have managed a team at Group level
• Experience in a General Administration role or Unit
Honest, winsome and transparent character.
Creative thinker, excellent listener and communicator
Self-starter, self-confident and self-motivated
Thrives under pressure
Skilled in visual communication
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Year Renewable Contract (IT Specialist)
Minimum requirement is Second Class Upper in Computer Science/Computer Engineering with 1-3 years experience. If interested kindly forward your CV to email@example.com
5. We are hiring Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Mining & Automobile engineers with 1st Class, 2:1 and 2:2 (Including HNDs) Kindly email CVs to GETS2016@dangote.com with your discipline clearly stated in the subject of your email. Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted. Deadline for submission – February 5, 2016
6. I am recruiting an Area Manager for a top beverage brand. The position is based in Port Harcourt. If qualified and interested, please send an updated copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org